Here is a selection of press articles in English (click on the left menu to check other languages)
Anglo-american press - selected articles:
- Nature News (May 2010) Sizing up the "synthetic cell"
- The Edge (May 2010) On "creation of a bacterial cell controlled by a chemically synthesized genome" by Venter et al.
- TED (May 2010) Craig Venter unveils "synthetic life"
- New York Times (May 2010) Baby Steps to New Life-Forms
- Oscillator Blog (April 2010) Xenobiology
- New York Times Magazine (February 2010) Do-It-Yourself genetic engineering
- WIRED (February 2010) Pentagon Looks to Breed Immortal ‘Synthetic Organisms,’ Molecular Kill-Switch Included
- Science Times China (February 2010) To promote biosafety by risk assessment (English version) - (Chinese version - Chinese original)
- Nature News (December 2009) US drafts guidelines to screen genes
- Economist (November 2009) Your plastic pal
- Deutsche Welle (November 2009) Germans take part in contest to make new forms of molecular life
- Science & Technology (October 2009) Synthetic Biology: Is it safe and secure?
- The New Yorker (September 2009) A life of its own
- USA Today (August 2009) "Synthetic biology" holds promise, but doubts simmer
- TIMES online (August 2009) Artificial life is only months away
- Financial Times (August 2009) Life is transformed
- The New York Times (June 2009) New glimpses of life's puzzling origins
- The Wall Street Journal (May 2009) In Attics and closets, Biohackers´Discover their inner Frankestein
- Scientific American (May 2009) Biohackers: Brewing new life-forms in a basement near you
- Bloomberg (March 2009) Harvard Scientists’ Discovery Opens Door to Synthetic Life
- Telegraph (March 2009) Artificial life 'could be created within five years'
- DiscoveryTech (March 2009) Do synthetic biologist play God?
- The Guardian (March 2009) Geneticist in the garage
- Slashdot (February 2009) Hacking With Synthetic Biology (read the postings)
- O'Reilly radar (February 2009) Creating Biological Legos (read the postings)
- Financial Times (February 2009) Scientists demonstrate synthetic DNA
- Irish Times (February 2009) Benefits of synthetic biology discussed
- France 24 (February 2009) Scientists see boom for biotechnology
- Telegraph (January 2009) Algae - the slimy scum that could end the fuel crisis
- The Scientist (January 2009) Standardize what?
- New Scientist (January 2009) Rise of the garage genome hackers
- The Guardian (January 2009) Craig Venter turns from DNA to saving environment
- GEN (November 2008) Synthetic biology finds niche in fuel alternatives
- CNN (October 2008) Synthetic biology inches toward the mainstream
- Boston Globe (September 2008) Accessible science: Hackers aim to make biology household practice
- BBC (July 2008) Patent system "stifling science"
- io9 (July 2008) Mad Science Contest: Build a Lifeform and We'll Send You to Hong Kong or Give You $1000
- Science Daily (June 2008) Synthetic Biology ethical challenges
- The Guardian (June 2008) Can biotechnology feed Africa? (read the postings)
- Times online (May 2008) Who’s afraid of a synthetic human?
- Guardian (April 2008) Biologists join the race to create synthetic life
- The New York Times (February 2008) Pursuing synthetic life
- Herald Tribune (February 2008) Making cells like computers
- Science News (January 2008) Life from Scratch - Learning to make synthetic cells
- Economists (January 2008) Artificial Life - nearly there
- New Scientists (January 2008) Artificial letters added to life's alphabet
- Herald Tribune (January 2008) Scientists manufacture genome of a bacteria
- BBC (January 2008) Synthetic life advanced reported
- Washington Post (December 2007) Synthetic DNA on the Brink of Yielding New Life Forms
- Esquire (November 2007) How to Make Life
- Times online (October 2007) Time to convince the public
- BBC News (October 2007) Synthetic life 'no terror threat'
- Guardian (October 2007) I am creating artificial life, declares US gene pioneer
- IETSynBio (October 2007) Teaching bacterias how to dance
- New York Times (September 2007) How Do You Like Your Genes? Biofabs Take Orders
- The Guardian (September 2007) Scientists a step nearer to creating artificial life
- ABC News (August 2007) Scientists struggle to define life
- Telegraph UK (June 2007) First artificial life within months
- Inter Press Service (June 2007) Genome Guru Seeks Patent on Synthetic Life Form
- Economist (June 2007) Artificial Life: Patent Pending
- Business Week US (June 2007) On The Brink Of Artificial Life
- Washington Post (June 2007) Release of Microbe Study Spurs Bioterror Worries
- Ottawa Citizen (June 2007) Creating the ethics of synthetic biology
- The New York Times (June 2007) Reader's questions: The beginnings of the synthetic life
- Herald Tribune (June 2007) Scientists transplant genome of bacteria
- Newsweek (May 2007). Scientists push the boundary of human Life
- Newsweek (May 2007). Our synthetic futures
- Bulletin Online (April 2007). The evolution and consequences of synthetic biology
- Colbert Report (February 2007) We had computers.. VIDEO
- Bridge (February 2007). Synthetic Biology: scientists gone wild
- Hamilton Spectator (September 2006). There's nothing monstrous in synthetic biology
- Wall Street Journal (August 2006). Biologists Are Looking To the Chip Industry For Production Models.
- Economist (August 2006). Synthetic biology: Life 2.0.
- Guardian (June 2006). Lax laws, virus DNA and potential for terror
- Scientific American (June 2006). Engineering Life: Building a Fab for Biology
- Forbes Magazine (April 2006). Regenesis
- The Scientist. (January 2006). Is This Life?
- Wired Magazine. Issue 13.01 (January 2005). Life, Reinvented
- The Scientific American (April 2004). Synthetic Life